The Integrated Centre of Professional Training “CIFP Reina Victoria Eugenia” is designed with this category in the academic year 2011/2012. Until this date, the Institution had been a Secondary Centre which also offered Short Cycle Programmes (CFGS) and Medium Technician Degrees (CFGM) and Initial Professional Qualification Programmes (PCPI).
In our city, we are an important reference in the area of professional education and our Institution is the centre that has offered more specialities.
From the last year, the election of the Ministry of Education to be an Integrated Centre of Professional Education, has supposes a change in the dynamics of the work of the students, teachers and personnel; because secondary students are not now in our centre. We have started a new stage with a lot of projects, illusion and we have the initiative of improving the preparation of our students.
In this improvement project, the Institution proposes a new opportunity to study and develop traineeships for students when obtaining the Erasmus Chart.
The integration of these mobility projects supposes the implication of all the departments of professional families under the coordination of the Language Department.
The division of tasks will be carried out having into account the language levels of the implied teachers.
The operational methods and the methods of communication will be in the webpage of the Institution and the information platforms where the centre participates in different projects of innovation.
On the other hand, from the academic course 2008/2009, the Institution is accredited by AENOR with the Quality Seal ISO 9001, a certification that guarantees an intern and extern communication policy that is revised in a continuous way and which assures the unification in learning methodologies.
The main objectives in student’s mobility to carry on a traineeship in a foreign country are:
- Boosting student’s mobility, preserving the quality of the exchanges.
- Boosting a language preparation and the participation in intensive language courses (EILC) and the aids for disabled people.
- Contributing to the creation of a youth community and well qualified future professionals, with open minds and international experience.
- Making easy credit transfer and the recognition of stays in a foreign country, through ECTS system or a compatible credit system.
The implied Institutions must subscribe with the student a Learning Agreement, which has to establish the study programme or working programme, as well as the credits that the student can achieve.
In our Institution, we offer five short cycle programmes that are detailed in our web page in the section Course Catalogue. These courses are ruled, in its majority, by Spanish Education Law LOE, except two programmes, which are ruled by Spanish Education Law LOGSE. All of them have their equivalence in credits for each module.
Specifically, the module of On the Job Training (FCT) has in all programmes a fix number of credits: 22 ECTS. The procedure for the recognition of credits is a transparent process, because the final decision corresponds to the Ministry of Education. So, our objective is establishing Institutional European and international agreements and giving the students the opportunity of increasing their knowledge in a real work environment in a different country, exchange that implies a deep change in the student.
Firstly, we send some presentation letters to our future Partners (educative centres and companies) on the basis of a professional profile for the student related with specialities of Short Cycles of our Institution. Our valuation is focused on the best development of the professional capacities of the staff and the students when carrying out mobility. This will be the criteria to have into account in order to select partners. At the end of each year, we will make a final evaluation to follow the agreement with the same centres and companies or not.
Within European countries, we are preferably interested in the search of partners located in geographical areas where English is spoken, as first or as a second language; because this language is taught in our Institution, as we have explained before.
Our objectives in an international sphere are:
1. Giving to our students the opportunity of increasing their knowledge in a real work environment in a different country, establishing institutional European and international agreements and developing a declaration of principles. This implies deep changes in the students: improvements in technical, personal and language abilities to face unknown situations in a labour environment; promoting cooperation between institutions and current partners and increasing the number of students, teachers and administrators to carry out their studies and tasks in a European framework.
2. Spreading our participation through our web page to inform and encourage the academic staff, students and administration staff to participate in these European and International cooperation projects.
3. Developing processes within the framework of LLP and Erasmus Programme, constituting an international team to manage the processes and promoting a permanent learning and language development to assure employment.
When students apply for an exchange they must not have any pendant module from the previous year; we also have into account the academic transcript, their level of languages, the interest that the students have in the mobility, the quality of the Curriculum Vitae, etc.
According to the election of the tutorship teachers, these will be appointed according to the professional families that participate in the agreement and that will assist to the language courses organized by the agreement of the Ministry of Education and the Official Language School.
We have a complete collaboration of the Board of Directors of the Institution, of the Language Department and the professional families maintaining a narrow relation with the teachers and the different national organisms as well as local companies (Chamber of Commerce of Melilla). It fulfills all the needs of our students.
The Integrated Centre of Professional Training “CIFP Reina Victoria Eugenia” undertakes to:
* Inform the students about the grants for traineeship in European companies.
* Select the students on a basis of selection criteria and transparent procedures and clearly defined, and to sign a traineeship agreement with the selected students.
* Form the students in practical, professional and cultural aspects of the foreign country, especially through a language education adequate to the expected professional needs.
* Give full recognition of the activities completed by the student with a satisfactory result and to sign the learning agreement.
* Monitor the development of the traineeship development and taking the appropriate measures.
* Collaborate with the partners in all the activities that could arise during the project.
* Define the learning results of the traineeship according to the knowledge, capacities and competences that should be acquired.
* Give logistic support to the students in the following aspects: organisation of the travel, visa, accommodation, residence permissions, work permissions, health insurance and other insurances.